Jennifer Lawrence Oscar Makeup Tutorial
Here is the second tutorial for recreating Jennifer Lawrence's look from the Oscars this year. If you missed the hair tutorial, you can find it here. I love this makeup. Her eye makeup is a gentle smokey eye and her lips are a shimmering pink-mauve. Jennifer Lawrence's makeup artist said that she created the smokey eyes by layering different colors of shadow. I think that this is the key to achieving a shadow color that has depth and is not too intense. When recreating this look, you don't have to use the exact same colors that I do. Just layer any similar colors that you have until you feel that you have the right look.
1. Start by applying moisturizer followed by foundation or a BB cream. I used Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. It gives your skin a nice even tone without being thick or cakey. Follow this with a translucent powder to set the foundation/BB cream. Apply an eyelid primer.
2. Apply a taupe colored eye shadow to your entire lid. I used Urban Decay's Missionary.
3. Apply a grey shimmery shadow to your main lid.
4. Apply a shimmery/sparkly silver shadow to the inner half of your main lid. Use a dark shimmery grey shadow in the outer crease of your lid.
5. Apply a white shimmery/sparkly shadow to the inner corner of your eye and along your bottom lash line.
6. Apply liquid liner along the outer 3/4 of your upper lash line. Use a pencil liner to line the inner 1/4 of your upper lash line and along your entire upper lash line. Also use the pencil to line the outer 1/2 of your bottom tear line.
7. Apply fake eyelashes and coat your own lashes in mascara.
8. Apply a peachy pink blush to the apples of your cheeks and along your cheekbones.
9. Use a lipstick or lipgloss that will give you pink-mauve lips. To achieve this, I first applied bareMinerals' Marvelous Moxie lipgloss. I applied it very lightly because it's a strong color. I topped this with a sparkly pink gloss.