Making the case for Pleated Maxi Skirts
Remember that post where I talked about pleated skirts replacing tulle skirts? How they were the tulle skirt's sophisticated older sister? Well now I believe pleated maxi skirts are the fun older sister of the jersey knit maxi skirt. Now don't get me wrong, when it comes to comfort, I'm all about a soft knit maxi. But the pleated maxi has some definite advantages:
1. They're more forgiving than a knit maxi. Knit maxis tend to cling to problem areas- like butts or thighs and show all your lumps and bumps.
2. They provide texture. So, you know, they just make an outfit more fun
3. They don't require constant ironing. Maybe it's just me, but I find myself constantly needing to iron knit maxi skirts. I don't like to dry mine in the dryer (for risk of shrinkage) so they tend to dry a little wrinkly. So if I want to wear one I have to iron them... so I don't wear them a lot.
4. They're more durable. Jersey knit fabrics may be soft and comfy but these traits always goes hand in hand with vulnerability. There's a higher risk of piling, fading, and holes with this type of fabric versus the fabrics that pleated skirts are generally made from.
5. They're just more flattering. There, I said it.
And now, for a little insight into my life, here's an Eve quote of the week:
As her Aunt was attempting to apply some Jamberry nails to Eve's tiny three-year-old toes, Eve decided to start telling some jokes. While she told many, most of which ended with her making some kind of random noise, this one was my favorite:
Eve: "Knock, knock"
Eve's Aunt: "Who's there?"
Eve's Aunt: "Banana who?"
Eve: "... Minion!" *Giggle, giggle, giggle, throws head back in fits of hilarity*
Yep, she's a comedy prodigy.
Other ways I've styled: pleated maxis
Linking up with: Watch What I'm Wearing, Let It Shine, Mix It Mondays, Sophisticated Style, LLALM, Style Sessions, Trend Spin, Confident Twosday, On Trend Tuesday, Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me, Chic Style, WIWW, What I Wore, What I Wore Wednesday, Trendy Wednesday, Color and Grace, Fresh Fashion Forum, Look What I Got, Spotlight Weekly, WIWT, Throw Back Thursday, Labour of Fashion, Thursday Fashion Files