The Best and the Blurst
Top: bought in Australia (similar here and here) | White denim: Forever 21 (similar here) | Leopard flats: Target | Leopard belt: similar here | Watch: Kate Spade (similar here) | Sunglasses: Tory Burch (almost identical here)
Bird top: OshKosh (similar here) | Skirt: OshKosh (similar here) | Rose gold moccasins: Freshly Picked | White bow headband: Waterleaf Boutique
It's been a while since I've shared pictures of both of my girls on the blog. And by a while, I mean approximately six months. Which is just way too long. It's rude of me to keep all this adorableness to myself.
If you didn't already know, I'm a stay-at-home mom. For the most part I really love it but it definitely has it's rough moments. It's a job where the good moments are amazing, but the bad moments make you want to rip your hair out... or sell your children to a circus. Instead of presenting an idealized version of motherhood, I'm going to share some of the best and "blurst" moments from last week. I use the term blurst because those moments are either the worst, or not quite the worst, but still rather "blah." It's also because that starts with a B and I'm all about alliteration.
- Eve's obsession with all things Disney. This leads to her pretending to use her ice magic like Elsa, or her asking to dance with me and then running away, leaving one of her shoes behind like Cinderella.
- Lily managing to get all the way around the room without actually crawling or rolling. She gets on her knees, pushes off with her back legs and scoots forward. It's not very efficient but it does get her where she wants to go... eventually.
- Eve singing songs and substituting the original lyrics for her own. For example, Beauty and the Beast has been replaced with "Beauty and the Toe," "Booby and the Beast," and "Stinky and the Feet."She'll sing the line and then ask me "Is that how it goes?"
- Eve making Lily laugh. When I try to evoke a laugh from Lily, I receive a little courtesy smile. But everything Eve does is hilarious. Seeing them interact may be the best part of my day.
- Eve's obsession with Disney- I have had to chase after runaway Cinderella 10,955 times. Often six or seven times in succession. It also means that she refuses to wear clothes that don't feature a Disney princess on them. Oh, and she has to wear panties that match the princess on her top as well.
- Lily being on the move. I have to be constantly on the lookout, making sure that Eve doesn't drop anything that Lily will put in her mouth. Play dough has been the biggest challenge so far.
- Taking three hours to get the girls to bed one night. John was on a business trip, Lily was overtired, and Eve had taken a long, late nap and was wide awake. That was a night of horrors. I'm surprised I made it out of that one with my sanity.
- Eve throwing fits about everything- I made her the wrong sandwich, she has to come inside after playing with friends, she can't wear her Elsa costume to the store, she can't switch panties for the twelfth time, etc.
Despite the rough moments, I'm glad that I'm able to stay at home with my girls. They are pretty dang cute after all.
Oh wow. This is just a glimpse of what my life will be like when we decide to have another. haha. I almost feel bad laughing at your "night of horror," when the girls wouldn't go to sleep. I TOTALLY feel for you. In a sense that I was that mom who's man worked midnights and I had to attempt to get her to sleep in her crib. I was a huge failure and my daughter didn't sleep in her crib until she was 9 months old and he was finally done working midnights. Those moments are totally worth it though, and I know you'd cheers a coffee cup to that.ReplyDelete
Lily is so big! Her grins are precious in these photos! My sister and I have the best bond and your girls will too. Btw, have you seen the new live action Cinderella? It's actually pretty great! Couldn't be something different? (; Maybe Eve will welcome the change?
Bed time is so hard by yourself! Even with one baby! You're right, those moments are definitely worth it. It's just hard to remember that when you're experiencing one!Delete
I'm really close to my sister (she's my only sibling) so I hope my girls are close too! I think they will be.
I tried taking Eve to see Cinderella in the theater and it did not go well ha! She wasn't used to live action movies. That was a while ago so she might enjoy it now that she's a little older!
What a chic look! I love the cream top with the skinny leopard belt! Great combo!ReplyDelete
The Closet by Christie
This blouse is so feminine and cute and I LOVE the leopard belt! Also your girls are adorable!ReplyDelete
Pretty, soft and oh so feminine. Sweet little children just made me smile. Thanks for linking up!ReplyDelete
I loved reading this so much! You have the cutest little girlies. They take after their mama! I'm a stay at home mom too so I get what you're saying with all the good and bad stuff that happens on a daily basis. It's the hardest and most rewarding job ever!ReplyDelete
So pretty! Love your outfit and love your hair! Your girls are adorable!ReplyDelete
Awww the bes't's are too cute, especially the song lyric substitutions. These made me smile as I know how it is. As a stay at home mom of four I definitely can relate to all of these. Thanks for sharing this cute post on your daughters, they are cute by the way.ReplyDelete
Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" link up