Glam Ursula Costume and Makeup
Ursula is one of my favorite Disney villains and I loved the idea of creating a low budget costume for her. I decided to go with a more glam than cartoonish interpretation, since I really didn't want to give myself drag queen eyebrows, which is more true to character. I'm just way too lazy for that.
Using clothes, makeup, and craft supplies I already owned, I was able to create this look for about $20! Not bad at all.
A black top and long black skirt (or a black maxi dress)
Rolls of tulle (I used a purple, a light purple, and a gray. If you want your costume to be extra spectacular, I recommend using 2 of the purple and 2 of the light purple)
Black shoes (I just used flats since you don't really want anyone seeing them anyway!)
Gold spray paint (or any gold paint you have on hand)
- Measure the length from your waist to the floor, double that then cut this length from the tulle. Continue to cut this length for the entirety of the tulle rolls.
- Hold each tulle doubled over and pull it through itself over a length of ribbon that you can tie around your waist.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat until your skirt reaches its desired fullness.
- Roll a ball of air-dry clay into a long cone shape.
- Roll the long cone up on itself so it resembles a shell
- Push in the fat end of the cone so that it is concave.
- With the dull side of a knife, make three indentations along the outer section of the shell.
- Bend an eye pin to about 45 degrees and insert it into the top of the shell.
- Let your shell dry for 2-3 days and then spray paint it gold.
- Attach a large jump ring to the eye pin and feed a black ribbon through it to tie the shell around your neck.
Purple face paint (I used a wet n wild fantasy makers paint palette but ran out while doing my arms. A nicer option would be Mehron face/body paint)
Gray eye shadow (I used my Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture palette)
Black eye shadow (I used my BH cosmetics Take Me Back to Brazil palette)
Shimmery teal eye shadow (I used my Urban Decay Electric palette)
Silver eye shadow (I used my Urban Decay Electric palette)
Black liquid liner (I like Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner)
Large false lashes (I used Mink Lash Love Vegas lashes)
Red lipstick (I used Stila Liquid Lipstick in Beso Shimmer)
- I applied a gray eye shadow to above my crease, blending it out fairly close to my eyebrows. I also put this shade along my lower lash line.
- I put a black shadow in my crease, layering it until it was quite dark. I also used it on the outer v of my eyelid and along the outer part of my lower lash line.
- I applied a shimmery teal shadow to the rest of my eyelid.
- I dabbed some silver shadow to the inner corners of my eyes.
- I used black liquid liner to create a wing along upper lash line.
- I used mascara and applied large false lashes.
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment! They always make my day!