Glam Ursula Costume and Makeup
Ursula is one of my favorite Disney villains and I loved the idea of creating a low budget costume for her. I decided to go with a more glam than cartoonish interpretation, since I really didn't want to give myself drag queen eyebrows, which is more true to character. I'm just way too lazy for that.
Using clothes, makeup, and craft supplies I already owned, I was able to create this look for about $20! Not bad at all.
- Measure the length from your waist to the floor, double that then cut this length from the tulle. Continue to cut this length for the entirety of the tulle rolls.
- Hold each tulle doubled over and pull it through itself over a length of ribbon that you can tie around your waist.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat until your skirt reaches its desired fullness.
- Roll a ball of air-dry clay into a long cone shape.
- Roll the long cone up on itself so it resembles a shell
- Push in the fat end of the cone so that it is concave.
- With the dull side of a knife, make three indentations along the outer section of the shell.
- Bend an eye pin to about 45 degrees and insert it into the top of the shell.
- Let your shell dry for 2-3 days and then spray paint it gold.
- Attach a large jump ring to the eye pin and feed a black ribbon through it to tie the shell around your neck.
- I applied a gray eye shadow to above my crease, blending it out fairly close to my eyebrows. I also put this shade along my lower lash line.
- I put a black shadow in my crease, layering it until it was quite dark. I also used it on the outer v of my eyelid and along the outer part of my lower lash line.
- I applied a shimmery teal shadow to the rest of my eyelid.
- I dabbed some silver shadow to the inner corners of my eyes.
- I used black liquid liner to create a wing along upper lash line.
- I used mascara and applied large false lashes.